As the learner has gained mastery over basic concepts underlying each subject area in the primary years, the learner is now ready to meet the rigours of the academic programme in the secondary section aligned with the ICSE Examinations. The focus shifts to self-reliance and initiative with purposeful, goal-directed facilitation by the teacher. Opportunities are therefore created for questioning, enquiry, debate, reflection and deep-diving into the concepts.
SUBJECTS (VI – VIII)
*French (Please see the note below)
|ICT||Life Skills/Value Education/SUPW|
SUBJECTS (IX – X)
||Sports/Physical Education Life Skills/Value Education SUPW|
|Group III Computer Application/Physical Education/Art/Home Science|
Integration and adaptation of the best available international teaching and learning practices in India.
- Student-centric approach
- Enquiry-based teaching-learning
- Hands-on active learning
- Real-life connect and experiential learning
- Technology integration for blended learning
- Investigation, experimentation and demonstration
- Interdisciplinary approach
- Differentiation, scaffolding and remediation a context.
Four cycles of formative assessments:
- Project/Skill based Internal Assessment
- Written Assessment
- 3 Prelims (Class X)