Theme of the Year: Global Citizenship
… for a better world
2013 – 2014
UBT/CIR/004 /2013-14 July 3, 2013
As you are aware there has been extensive devastation due to flash floods and torrential rains in Uttarakhand. A large number of persons have died and property worth crores has been damaged. The government, the armed forces and citizens are extending all possible support in rescue and relief operations. As responsible citizens who think global but act local, we have also decided to make our contribution to this cause.
We request you to join hands to support our distressed countrymen, and actively contribute in relief and rehabilitation efforts.
Some of the urgent requirements are-
First material list-
1) Cooking Utensils- pans (tawa), pressure cookers, wok (kadhai), cooking pots (patila),
cooking spoons, knives, plates, glasses, eating spoons.
2) Buckets & mugs
3) Blankets & woollens
4) Tarpaulins, old flex banners
5) Torch & batteries, candles & match boxes, lanterns
6) Umbrellas, rain coats
7) Sturdy Back Packs – for material storage and transportation
8) Water Purifier tablets
9) Dry Rations (Primarily- rice, pulses, biscuits)
The details of financial contribution are as follows:
1) You may pay by cash/cheque/draft in the name of GOONJ A/C No – 04801450000130
in any HDFC branch OR send it to J-93, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi-110076.
2) Online (Debit/ Credit Cards) http://goonj.org/?page_id=1656
3) NEFT/ RTGS in favor of – GOONJ
Bank Name – HDFC BANK
Account No – 04801450000130
Bank Address – Plot No-9, H & J Block, Local Shopping Complex, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi-
Bank Branch Code – 0480
IFSC Code – HDFC0000480
Bank Swift Code – HDFCINBB
Account type- Savings
You may send your financial contributions to GOONJ directly.
P. S : Boxes for collections will be kept near the security desk from July 4 to July 8 during school hours.